White crowns are a successful option for repairing cracked, broken, decayed or heavily filled teeth. The colour is matched to your own teeth and they are solid which mean they look and feel like your natural teeth.
Why you might need crowns
You may need crowns if:
- Your tooth has undergone significant decay and there isn’t enough tooth structure remaining that will support a filling and maintain functionality
- A large portion of your tooth has fractured and it can’t be built up using traditional composite bonding techniques
- You have a large cavity and opt for the additional protection that a crown offers
- You’ve had a dental implant to replace a missing tooth you may have a crown fitted to the abutment of the titanium implant
- You have had root canal treatment, this is because it is often needed to strengthen the tooth
- You grind your teeth and you have a poor diet, this is because acid erosion can reduce your teeth to a point where you have to crown them
- You would like to improve the aesthetics of your smile
How long do white crowns last
The life of white crowns can vary depending on how you look after them. They generally require the same level of care and attention as your natural teeth
At our dental practice
We offer white crowns as one of our treatments here at our dental practice in Glasgow. We have placed white crowns for hundreds of patients over the years, making us professionals when it comes to carrying out this treatment.
When you come to us
When you come into our practice for an initial consultation we will take a closer look at your teeth. At this point we will discuss whether or not you need crowns and if you do we will discuss the cost associated with this treatment. If you are then happy with the treatment plan then all you have to do is make a further appointment for treatment to begin.
Making an appoinment for an initial consultation
You can make an appointment to come into our practice in Glasgow for an initial consultation by giving our team a call on 0141 237 2080.